Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Weakness

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. And not just any recipe either. I like to say that I have pretty strong self control when I want to loose a few pounds, but not when it comes to these! My freshman year at the Y we had some neighbors bring these cookies over and I have never been the same since (I'm already seeing the affects on the scale from making a batch yesterday). They're so light and fluffy but dense and satisfying. One of the best things is that it doesn't taste like every other pumpkin dessert out there with cloves and nutmeg, there's just cinnamon. Plus, it really is the easiest clean up too! You only have to use a mixing bowl, 1 tsp, 1/2 cup, and a spatula, and I guess cookie sheets if you want to get technical. Well, here it is... and trust me, they're dangerous!

My favorite cookie recipe ever...

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 c shortening
1 1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 c pumpkin
2 1/2 flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla (I always double vanilla for everything)
1 tsp cinnamon
1+ c semi-sweet chocolate chips

Throw it all in a bowl and mix together, bake for 10 minutes-ish on 375*

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh that is a good memory...pumpkin cookies! Mmmm! Do you remember when we made them for the first time...I think there was a mistake in the math and we ended up doubling the recipe...mmmm! Good times!

Melissa said...

Do you shove all the ingred in or do dry in one then wet in another then mix?

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

I'm going to have to try these. Reed LOVES them but I have never made any myself. By the way, I made those jack-o-lanterns....so cute, thanks for the idea:)

Brynne said...

I'm trying them. I love pumpkin cookies, too. Fresh cookies in general are my weakness, but these sound delectible. :)

Roxy said...

Same here I had never had any until Natalie brought me some last year and I am hooked I had to have the recipe and now I make a lot of them when October hits(I control myself and then for October and November I let go!)

Lara said...

Yes, yes, and yes! These cookies are so delicious. I have been thinking of making them since it is finally the season again! We had good times in Heather Cove cooking together!

Anonymous said...

Keith made a batch last night and I have one in my mouth as I write. I agree with you - they are irresistible!!!
Grandma Crandall

Terri said...

Okay, I have to try this recipe. My favorite local bakery makes chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and they are delicious. I have never made pumpkin cookies, but your description of these cookies and your recipe looks like you have a winner.