Friday, October 23, 2009

Another fav

Since I posted my favorite cookie I might as well add my favorite entree. Aunt Kayleen's Taco Soup! Love it! Just had leftovers for lunch. Again, super easy to make, super easy to clean up and quick to make. Made from stuff I usually have on hand, with the exception of the Fritos. Good freezer meal, take-to-a-friend meal, and awesome rainy day meal. Here goes...

Aunt Kayleen's Taco "Soup"
1 lb ground beef (I actually just substituted ground turkey, loved it!)
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cans tomatoes- DON'T drain (I use one can stewed tomatoes and break them up in the pot for some texture and then a second can of Italian diced tomatoes for more favor.)
1 can light or dark red kidney beans- DON'T drain
1 15 oz can tomato sauce
shredded cheese, sour cream, and Fritos

Brown meat, drain excess fat if you want to. Add taco seasoning and let cook together for a couple of minutes. Add both cans of tomatoes, kidney beans, and sauce and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes. To eat, grab a huge bowl, drop some Fritos in there, top with taco soup, granish with sour cream and cheese. Delish!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks.
I'm gonna do it.

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

Ooooh, I LOVE taco soup! I make it at LEAST once a month. And I make a huge pot so I can have it for leftover for the next two days:) It is one of my VERY favorite meals! I first made it in Mrs. Anthony's class:)