Friday, February 11, 2011

Swimming Lessons


Carson started swimming lessons a few weeks ago and he has taken to it like a fish to water! :)
It was a nice surprise since soccer was pretty much a flop. I love that he's old enough to be enjoying activities like this! Lessons are only once a week but he has really improved in the short amount of time he's been going. Of course we've always joked that Carson was our fish (with Reese as our monkey, I wonder what animal we're going to have next?!), he's always been a little too comfortable in the water. Pretty much no fear at all. He'll just jump right in without a second thought! I'm fine with it if he would rather be a swimmer than a soccer player, but I'm not so sure if Ryan is going to give up that easy!
 There was a couple of times that I got a little nervous watching though I have to admit. They actually have them dive down to the bottom and pick something up! I just about jumped in after him! But it was no sweat for Carson.
 At the end they got to jump into the water and afterwards Carson came up to us with a big grin on his face and said "I jumped the biggest and made the biggest splash!"


If you have a second, hop on over to CJP and tell me what you think of my use of the word "garish".




3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad Carson has found something he's fantastic at.
All kids can't be good at all things right?
How would that be fair?

Missy! said...

Sounds like a great time! It looks like he jumped pretty far

Jessica Clawson said...

Hey I knew that he would be a great swimmer from the time I came up and us three went to the little beach and he kept jumping off those high steps!!!