Thursday, February 17, 2011

25 weeks


So... I've been completely exhausted this pregnancy. I kept thinking back to my other two and wondering if I was this tired and I don't think I was really. People kept saying that it's because I have two boys to chase around in addition to being pregnant, which is a totally logic excuse but I was working and going to school up until the day before Carson was born so that wasn't making sense to me. I figured it was because I was getting older but I'm only 25 for crying out loud! I should still have plenty of energy! So another thought was that I needed to start exercising again so my friend (who's due a day after I am) and I started going to water aerobics but still...so...tired. Went to the doctor and sure enough, my blood pressure is too low! I was shocked when she told me this because I've never had bp problems before and the fact that it was too low was even more strange. Since I hadn't fainted and wasn't experiencing any dizziness they're not going to worry about it now but the last few months, my bp has consistently been dropping. I looked up symptoms online and it's pretty much regular pregnancy symptoms; fatigue, shortness of breath (I can barely walk up the stairs without having to take a breather), loss of concentration (it's been a lot more difficult working on homework the last few months), fainting/dizziness, nausea. So that explains it! It's nice to have a little bit of validation for being so lazy! The doctor says to just take it easy, stay hydrated, and to come in if I faint or feel dizzy. Good thing that Ryan is so awesome and picks up the slack around here!

18 comments:

Jessica said...

You are SO gorgeous! And 25 is not old...by the time I have my third...I'll be...well way way older than you! I hope your BP issues resolve, but in the mean time...take it easy and milk it for all it's worth!

Becca Bingham said...

Love that shot! Good luck not going insane while being tired! That is always the hardest thing for me about being tired is realizing all I am not getting done!

Melissa said...

Great pic Jen, when did you get the bangs?
Sorry about the bp.
Good luck girlfriend.
What about names?

Katelyn said...

you are beautiful!

Amy said...

Oh my holy cow, you are a BABE. I pray that I look this cute in 12 weeks! Oh, and at least you're not 25 and pregnant with your first... I get the "sheesh, think you waited long enough?" look all the time. :)

Brynn said...

B-E-A-UTIFUL. I wish I could look as good as you and be pregnant! Seriously, what a babe!

Isaak and Jackie said...

really cute pic, I love the all natural look.

Franny said...

Oh my goodness Jenny, you look so great!!!! This is such a beautiful picture of you!

Kari-Lynn said...

ya i agree, you make me feel old when you say your 25!!! i've been feeling the same way...i think it could be the difference of all that estrogen in us too!!! btw, you look GREAT!!!

Ashleigh said...

I love it Jenny! Did Ryan take this shot for you? :) I still love your bangs by the way...

Keri said...

My blood pressure was always low in my pregnancies. Nobody ever told me that was why I was so stinking tired!

Rachel said...

You are GORGEOUS!!!!!

Sorry you've been soooo tired! Hopefully you'll be able to take it easy!

Ashley said...

looking so cute! I can't wait to see your new little girl. Sorry you are so tired, that is not a fun part of pregnancy

Ryan, Cyrie and Brielle said...

Wow what a fabulous prego pic Jen! I am sorry to hear about the bp issues...have you had your iron levels checked? I was having the same symptoms found out I had low iron so started pounding the supplements and felt a HUGE improvement- just a thought. I hope you get feeling better!

The Larsons said...

Such an adorable picture! Glad you found some validation for your exhaustion - however - I still think your right about the boys! Been there! :)

btw, what are you studying?

The Southwicks said...

You look so good in your picture! At least you have a reason for being lazy. I think its just that third child...my tiredness has been much worse with this one than my other two!

Kapri said...

You look so hot! I love that Carson is taking to swimming, he is totally MY nephew! And your photography blog is getting better and better all the pictures are so cool. Great job!

Michelley said...

My bp is fine and I'm still sooo tired this pregnancy. I can barely make it through the day without needing a nap. I keep thinking it'll end soon...