Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas Unwrapped, part 2

The next day we spent at the Magic Kingdom. I'm pretty sure that it was the boys' favorite kingdom because it was made more for families and they could go on pretty much everything. And yes, we are bundled up in multiple layers and winter coats. That day was the coldest, I think, 32 degrees with a windchill of 26. It wasn't so bad once we got inside the park and the buildings shielded us from the wind but it was still chilly!


We hit up the famous "It's a Small World" first.

 Then we went on the Peter Pan ride (that was both of their favs) a bunch of times and Reese kept requesting to go on it throughout the day. Next to the Peter Pan ride was Mickey's Philharmagic 3D show that Carson loved and laughed through the entire show.

Our walk through the Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. I was actually kinda surprised they still had this. Kids nowadays don't know the Swiss Family Robinson but I guess it's more for nostalgia. Still pretty cool though.
And of course the classic Pirate of the Carribean! They added Jack Sparrow here and there to update it so it would be more like the movie. 

The ride on the Jungle Cruise was pretty cool too, even though the animals weren't real like at the Animal Kingdom.

We didn't actually buy Mickey ears because they were too expensive for something we'd never use again and I didn't think they'd make it home in one piece, so we just got a picture of the boys in them. And Carson requested the Minnie ears even though it looks like he doesn't want to wear them, he just didn't want his picture taken. :)

As I watch this video, I still bust a gut laughing! I took it when we were riding the Tea Cup ride. It's hilarious how Carson is having the time of his life, looking a little like a special child, and Reese looking like he's coming off a bad high. Classic! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! (because it took freaking forever to upload!)
 

4 comments:

Shantelle said...

Okay, that was hilarious!! Thanks for the tea cup ride clip. I was laughing so hard. Funny Kids!

Melissa said...

LOL
That video was awesome.
Both of them are classic.
Love it.
Sorry it was so cold man.

Lara said...

Love the video! I love the Swiss Family Robinson tree house! I was so sad when they got rid of it at Disneyland, it is the Tarzan tree house now, which I guess is still kind of fun.

Debbie Thompson said...

Ha Ha, loved the video! Your blog is so cute, and know I totally want to go to Disney World just to go on the Harry Potter ride!