Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fourth of July Wrap-up

Over the Fourth, we found out that Reese is very patriotic.  He loved all the flags!


The boys made these crazy hats in nursery. They're AWESOME!!!

We got to celebrate the Fourth with a big old Crandall Family Reunion! There was about 60 of us all together. Here's some of us at the parade.


And speaking of cousins, have you heard of Madison Leonard?

That's Ryan's cousin and she WON Junior Miss! How cool is that?! If you're interested, here a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxAVtfjkOyA  
Not only that, but she got to be a part of the Coeur d'Alene parade! Now that's braggin' rights. 
Some more pics of the parade...


Later that night, we watched the fireworks from the Leonard's dock. I didn't get any pictures then because I had to chase an 18 month old around. But I got to practice firework techniques when we put on our own show back at the Crandall's.  I love shooting fireworks! You never really know how it's going to turn out!
Sparklers
Carson kept asking if he could have more "sprinklers."


We had a  lot of fun hanging out with family that we haven't seen in a long time and eating really good food.  The weather wasn't terrific so we didn't get to spend a lot of time swimming or boating but we still had fun singing karaoke, painting fingernails, hot-tubbing, and watching movies. And now I'll leave you with an absolutely adorable picture of Reese's Pieces...   

7 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

That looks like such a fun parade! I love being with family for the holidays!

Melissa said...

LOL I loved that Carson wanted more sprinklers.
GREAT shot of Reese at the end. I hope you frame that somewhere.
Im glad it was a fun weekend.
Let's see the fingernails!!

Terri said...

Jenny, you have got to tell me how to photograph fireworks. that looks so cool!

Darling pic of Reese.

Ashley said...

those are cute hats they made in nursery, what a cute idea

Tiffany and Gavin said...

I miss you guys! Your pictures are GREAT, looks like a good summer!

Isaak and Jackie said...

your parade looks a lot more cool than Boise's. Awesome pics Jen. Yes I think you would get along great with my sister.

Doug & Denene said...

Great pictures Jenny! I really like the black and white one of Reese.