Monday, February 16, 2015

Ski season

I was able to go skiing at Lookout Pass with my good friend Chelsea Haynie. It was lots of fun going with a friend! It's been such a crappy season for snow I wish we would've gone earlier in the season. Hopefully the firm will buy ski passes again next year so that we will be able to go again. 

This was the first year of our marriage that Ryan was able to get a Schweitzer season pass. Of course it has to be the worst year for snow in forever and he has to break his arm the third time he goes! He was skiing with Dusty and Angie, Tim and Lizzy, and Cassie and Andrew. It was the last run of the day and I had just called him when he was at the top of the mountain and he said he would call me when he got to the bottom. 20 minutes later I was wondering what was going on that would take them so long to get down the mountain. Then he calls me and he says "Hey Hon, I broke my arm. Andrew is going to drive me back to Coeur d'Alene and take me to the emergency room." I didn't know if I should believe him at first because last year when he was playing with Dusty he got a concussion while wake boarding. So I told him to send me a picture and this is what he sent

I met him at the emergency room and sure enough
It was shattered
They were able to set it and cast it but ultimately we had to do surgery. The surgeon said that there was no way that it would've healed on it's own because it was just crushed even more than what the x-ray showed.
He will most likely have this plate and screws in his wrist the rest of his life. Our biggest concern obviously was mobility since he's a musician. With the surgery he should get most of his mobility back. He'll have to go to physical therapy but hopefully he'll be back playing bass and piano and guitar soon as possible.

No comments: