Friday, September 7, 2012

Park City

So we were going to make a trip down to Firth and my mom called and asked if we wanted to go all the way to Utah and see family while we were already headed south. Our anniversary was coming up so I bought a Groupon for two nights stay in Park City. Ryan didn't know about the Park City trip but I figured we wouldn't want to make two trips down to Utah in two months so I told him early and we headed down. We left really early and the kids did great in the car. I'm so glad that my kids are good travelers. If they weren't, they would be after this summer! The first night we stayed at my parents, visited Grandma and took family pictures. The next day we headed down to Utah. We stopped by the new mall downtown since none of us had been there. It was very impressive! A lot of high end stores... even a Tiffany's! I was surprised. Utah's movin up! We shopped around for a couple of hours and then we went to my aunt's house for a little family reunion with my mom's side of the family. When we stopped by the store to get some food for the party we randomly ran into one of my best friends... Milz! Couldn't have timed it better! So I ditched my family while they were getting everything ready and went with Melissa to pick up her kids. They ended up coming to my family reunion but it was fun. After the party, Ry and I headed to Park City and Mom, Jordan, Emily, Jocey, and our kids headed back to the farm. We found our hotel and then walked around main street and had some dinner.
The next morning we get a text from Jeff saying that Gwen and Reese had been throwing up all night long. My mom assured us that everything was under control and not to come home. After debating half the day, we decided to stay in Park City. So we went out to Olympic Park.


Zipline



I think my favorite of the three things we the Alpine slides though. I thought it was going to be lame but it was really fun! You went a lot faster than I thought you would and it felt like you were going to go flying over the edge! Awesome!

Coaster was fun but the best part was that we got to ride together.


That was pretty much the whole day ending with some yummy sushi. It was busy and we were waiting in lines for the majority of the day. It was a blast though. We ate a lot of food! That whole weekend there wasn't one time when I was actually hungry but there were just too many good restaurants to pass by! 


The next morning we went to Kneader's which is the best place ever and it's a good thing there's not one close to us because I would get super fat! But it's sooo good! We headed home and by then the kids were feeling a lot better. They even ended up going to sacrament meeting with my parents. Guess it was a good time for us to leave but I'm not sure who I felt worse for... my mom or the kids! Thanks, Mom, for letting our kids puke all over you all night! Cheers to eight years!





4 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

How fun you were able to get away! That is crazy that you ran into Melissa! I'm sure that was exciting! Congrats on 8 years!

Melissa said...

Man it was awesome to see you aye.
Miss you.
I LOVE that slide.
Tell me how much all of these things cost.
I'm keen to do them with Dru.
I need to know how much to save up though.
Man what a fun, fun time.

Julie said...

Your Mom is a saint! Glad you got to go.

Connie said...

I really miss those kids Jen!! There was this little guy in Emily's Sacrament Mtg that reminded Jocey and I of Reese!!
When can you come visit again?