Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Sunday

We started the holiday off by dying Easter eggs the night before. Carson and Reese just wanted to eat each egg after it was dyed. It was pretty late, hence the tired eyes but these were the boys' favorites.
And this one was my favorite.

The kids weren't really too excited at first, I guess they just needed some time to wake up. But it didn't take Gwen long to figure out how the game is played. She ate any candy she could get her hands on!
Typical Reese

Then time for church! Gwen's dress came with the cutest yellow jacket and I thought I got a picture of her with it on. I guess I'll have to get one later because it's pretty much the cutest thing ever! We got Reese new everything since he never gets new stuff. He kept strutting around like a peacock. 
Random side note: We just finished watching some home videos from two years ago. Carson and Reese are the exact same! They're both a little bit thinner and taller now but they still have the same voice (except Carson's lisp is a lot worse back then) and the same personality! I took have taken the same video yesterday!

After church, we headed over to the Crandalls and had another egg hunt and there was plenty to go around!
Don't be fooled by this little girl either! She's got sticky hands!


This picture needs a thought bubble :)

It was a great Easter Sabbath and we talked a lot about death and resurrection at church which helped answer some questions and organize some thoughts I had since my grandpa had just passed away. Timing was perfect and it was nice to feel that peace of knowing what's to come.




4 comments:

Melissa said...

"Open up damn it"
There's your thought bubble.
Come on man you know that's what he was thinking LOL
Beautiful pictures and great post Jenny.
The children look really cute and I'm glad they had such fun.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

I am IN LOVE with Gwen's dress!!!

Alia said...

I can't believe a big Gwen is!!! (And, as per usual, the boys look bigger and old with every picture. Crazy). I love how well you chronicle things, Jenny. You take beautiful pictures.

Missy! said...

what a great Easter! the kids look so great in their church clothes!