Friday, January 20, 2012

Eight Months Old


This little cutie has reached the eight month mark. She's still as sweet as ever! It seems that she's changed a lot in her short life. Not only has seen grown and reached lots of milestones, her personality is a lot different too. Gwen used to be quiet and shy and reserved but now she's a lot more giggly and spunky. She's into everything and she'll use anything or anyone to climb on so she can stand up. The little stinker is trying to teach herself how to walk and she'll stand up for a couple of seconds without any support. It's impossible to get her to stay still so that makes church interesting. Last week, for example, she had a massive blowout, the biggest Ry and I had ever experienced. Her brand new onesies was destroyed as well as her white tights (good thing she wearing tights though!). It was a disaster and she even got it on the bench! I just took her straight home and put her in the bath. Once she was clean again, we went back to church (it's so nice living one minute away from our church building!) with carpet cleaner to scrub the bench she violated. Our Sunday school class meets in the chapel and of course there had to be a guy sitting in the exact spot that she pooped on! I was dying but there was only 10 minutes left of class and I didn't want to make a scene so I decided to wait. But of course the elder's quorum was meeting in there too! So after seeing that the guy wasn't moving he had to be told. He took the news that he was sitting in crap really well! He was just worried that he got it on his suit but amazingly he didn't. But I told him that we would pay to have it dry cleaned and he said that he has four kids and has been through it before. So we got it cleaned up with no harm done. See what I mean by "interesting"?! 

  She so funny! Ever since she was a newborn she would stick her legs straight up in the air whenever she was lying down. Made for easier diaper changes. Sometimes I wonder if she's going to be a dancer or a gymnast. She has really good extension and she loves pointing her toes and stretching. She's really agile and strong and wow, she is really flexible, especially for a baby! Makes me wonder if she's going to be a Jocey-Junior. We'll see!

Gwen loves to take showers with Dad. She'll lie her head down on his shoulder and just relax. She loves to baste just like Ryan! She really enjoying baths too. Last night I had Reese and Gwen in the tub and they were so cute laughing hysterically at each other. It was pretty crazy with my two wild-childs but they had a blast!

Side note: Gwen also loves it when you run your fingers through her hair! She immediately relaxes. My boys didn't like it, they still don't, so I wonder if it might be a girl thing because I love to have my hair played with too. 

Another side note: She has two cute little teeth on the bottom!

4 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Oh, she is so beautiful! Love those little girls.. :)

Krysta McClure said...

Oh, my! What a cutie! You guys are ahead of us... we are still no teeth and still no crawling. You must have your hands full!

Melissa said...

Man she's grwoing so fast.
I'm glad you're blogging all of this for those of us who don't get to see her.
Did the poop come out alright?
Miss you.

Kyle and Emily Stott said...

Aw Gwenny Penny! She really is getting big so fast! What a cutie!