Thursday, September 1, 2011

Carson Quote of the Day

Carson got into the developmental preschool as a peer model. We went to his elementary school for the first time to register him for school and we met his teacher and looked at his classroom. There were a bunch of teachers throughout the school getting their classrooms ready and tons of them kept saying how cute Carson was. I was apprehensive because I didn't know how he would respond being in a school like that and since our experience last time taking him to school was horrible, I just didn't know. But he did surprisingly well and he seemed pretty comfortable. This is what he told me...

There's a feeling in my stomach that is telling my body that I'm excited for school.

He so sweet. I really hope he adjusts easily and has a good experience. I think that he'll do great working with kids that have disabilities. He loves being in charge of things and having people depend on him. Hopefully it'll teach him some patience and sympathy. He'll be a great example and leader!

6 comments:

Kierstin said...

He'll do wonderfully! I bet he will have lots more creative things coming out of his mouth with all the things he'll learn at school. And his teacher will love what a hoot he can be!

Melissa said...

I hope he does well.
Keep us posted.

Missy! said...

I'm excited for you, and Carson. He's such a good helper.

Becca Bingham said...

That is so cute how he explained his feelings I love it! What a neat opportunity for him at such a young age to get to work with these children so that he is comfortable with others even when the might be physically different, which can be hard for some kids and even adults.

Debbie Thompson said...

That is adorable. He'll do great!

Connie said...

He will be such a great friend and help!! What a wonderful opportunity!!