Saturday, March 17, 2012

Carson's bday party

Carson is usually the first one up in our house so he didn't actually get breakfast in bed but he did get his favorite breakfast meal, "German eggs and pancakes" with strawberries.

 
I love their cute little sleepy faces.

After breakfast, he got to open one present and then off to school with cupcakes for his class.

After school it was time to party! I didn't do a whole lot as far as decorations. Just ice cream balloons, pinwheels, and some streamers.
Rice krispie ice cream cones

First game was bean bag toss and I was really surprised that the kids really liked it. I thought they would get bored after two seconds but they kept wanting to go back and play.

Then they played balloon ping pong volleyball. The littler kids didn't care for this one so much.

Then they made their own ice cream in a bag. I thought it would be a huge mess and a major disaster but it worked out really well and the kids really enjoyed it. They complained about their hands getting cold so we got a bunch of towels and that helped. Carson was having some meltdowns (hey, it's his party and he can cry if he wants too) because he got some salt in hangnails. But other than that it was a success!
 
There was a bunch of toppings for the kids to put on their ice cream.
The kids kept saying they were cold from the ice cream so we had an ice cream freeze dance to get their blood pumping. They really enjoyed this game too!

Once we got the ice cream mess cleaned up we sang "happy birthday" and cut the cake. We had to relight the candles because Carson couldn't wait to blow them out!

Then time for presents. 
Time went quick and soon everyone had to leave. I had a good time and I think the party was a success. I couldn't have done it without Julie though! I'm glad she got off work just in time!
The favors

Later that night, the Fuquas and Crandalls came over for some family party time.

But the day wasn't quite over until we opened the package from Grandma Connie.



It was a long but really fun day! Not sure if we could've packed any more in but hopefully Carson will have some real memories of this party!


4 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

You are so good at making birthdays so much fun! I love seeing all your cute party ideas. They are so creative! I love it! Makes me want to be better for my kiddos!

Melissa said...

You're brilliant.
I need someone like you around so I can just make the cake and you can do everything else LOL
What a long jam packed day.
how was he by the end? Done?
Or still ready to party?
I can't believe how old he is Jenny.
That's just crazy to me.

Ashleigh said...

Is Gwen walking!? How did I miss that? Wow, time flies. :)

Missy! said...

what a fun party! I love the theme. and the cake is super cute