Friday, April 29, 2011

Three Weeks Left!


There's been differences with my three pregnancies, obviously there three different children so why wouldn't they, right? But just for my own future reference, I'll write them down while I still remember them.

Carson was a roller. When he was in utero, he would just roll back and forth, not so much a kicker/jabber. He preferred the left side so I was constantly lop-sided and I ended up with more stretch marks on that side, awesome! In the mornings, I would wake up and he would be more on the left side and there were two large bumps where his head and bum were sticking out. Sounds weird, I know, but come to find out, that's how he liked to sleep. And sometimes we still find him sleeping like that with his bum in the air!

Reese was a puncher and kicker. Ryan kept telling me that he was going to be really strong because of how hard he kicked. I thought that he was normal and I had just forgotten but Ryan was right. Reese is not only tough, but too strong for his own good. But what really gets him into trouble is the whole "no fear" attitude. Last time we went to the Eastside Marketplace he figured out how to pull himself over the tunnel to stand on the bear, Carson just figured out how to do that a couple of months ago! And of course the thing to do after you climb up is to jump off. Which he tried to do by himself but Ryan kept catching him and Reese kept yelling at him to let him do it by himself. Sometimes, we have to save Reese from himself!

This little lady is more like Reese and Ryan thinks that she's going to be wiry and strong like Reese. I think Ryan is probably right. When she kicks, it's a good kick, but mostly she's just constantly moving and fluttering. She really likes to stretch and it's weird to have my belly all of the sudden poke out. I'm surprised people haven't noticed, maybe they have and just haven't said anything, but she'll stretch her little leg or arm out a good three inches! And yes, it can hurt! Sometimes she'll just keep it stretched and I'll have to push her little appendage back in. It's totally freaky and totally amazing all at the same time!

When I was pregnant with Carson I don't think I could really comprehend what it would be like to be a mom. I was mostly concerned with what was happening right then and I don't think I even realized that I was going to be taking an infant home from the hospital. Carson was a pretty easy baby. He slept and ate well and the first hard thing was weaning him. He didn't really give us any grief until later on. Then Reese came along and threw any theories or opinions I had about parenting out the window! Reese was really difficult mostly because he was colic and while he's the sweetest thing alive, I've had to parent him completely different. I now feel completely inadequate to give anyone any parenting advice and I've become a lot less judgmental towards other's parenting styles.  So I guess the Lord gave me Reese to humble me... and it worked! :) So for this third one, I have pretty much no expectations on when she should be sleeping through the night, how much she should weigh, or when she should be sitting up/rolling over/crawling ect. I'm just so excited for her to come! Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty much freaking out that I'm going to have to three kids but I'm just not going to put any pressure on myself and just let things fall into place on their own. I can't wait for Carson and Reese to have a little sister! I can't wait to see what she looks like! I can't wait to see Ryan hold her! And I can't wait to snuggle her! 

And now if you could kindly direct your attention to our side bar and give us your two cents on what to name her. We started off with a long list but we've narrowed it down to two. They're both two completely different names that give two completely different impressions on what kind of girl she'll be. It's a toss up for Ryan and I but Carson is sticking with "Lucy." And just as a disclaimer, which ever name is most popular with the voting doesn't necessarily mean that's what we're going to name her. So don't get your feelings hurt, this is just a vote for curiosity's sake. At this point, we're thinking that we're just going to have to meet her to find out who she really is and it could be another name completely but we'd still like your input. Thanks for the help!

7 comments:

Lara said...

I think the name Olivia is absolutely darling and I LOVE the name Paige. If I didn't have a sister-in-law named Paige that is what I would name my first girl. So excited for you guys!

Melissa said...

Didn't we talk about all of this?
I feel like I've heard this before!!
Love the picture. Very cute.
I DID however read the whole post even thought I said I wouldn't and just comment on the picture.
You know what name I like....and it's opposite of Lara.

Lacey said...

My vote is Lucy Jane, how cute! Good luck these last couple of weeks!!!

Krysta McClure said...

And counting, right?! I don't know about you, but it is TIME to add this new addition to our home... I'm so excited for all the girliness you get to add to your little bunch! Hope you are hanging in there....

Cute choice of names by the way. I loved Livvy (short for Olivia), but definitely got nixed on that by the hubby..... such a challenging thing to name a little one!

Brynne said...

Good luck in the upcoming weeks! You look so good, and that picture is the cutest. I like Lucy Jane! Less common. :) but, you can't go wrong!

Missy! said...

Sounds like you're doing great. I think both names are great - good luck choosing! I DID vote, but it's a secret....ssshhhhhh

Tesera said...

Good luck in the next couple weeks!! You must have similar taste in names as my fam as I have a Lucy, and a niece named Olivia! They are bith really cute!! Maybe they will be little friends if we ever move to CDA. Love the picture btw-