Sunday, December 2, 2012

Ryan's the big 3-0!

Why, hello there. Actually, we are still alive and no I haven't completely given up blogging. Four months late on a post? I guess "better late than never" right?

This goofball turned 30 this year.

 If you know Ryan, you know that he does not like to be in the spotlight or center of attention, unless he's behind a piano, cello, bass, guitar... He prefers to keep things low-key. So I was completely torn when it came to his birthday. I wanted to do something big for him but I knew that he would rather just keep things small. I asked him if he wanted a party and he said he just wanted family. The only thing he asked for for his birthday was to go eat at Wolf Lodge. But since it was his 30th I wanted to do something more. So kinda last minute I decided to throw him a surprise party. I knew he wouldn't be keen on the idea but you only turn 30 once! Ryan wasn't really excited to be turning 30 so I did a "turning 30 blows" theme. (Angie and Gage- love her!)

Blowpops were my inspiration :)

Pinterest decor

The kiddos- Jory, Tavin Kidd, Reese, Ryder, Carson, Tristan Kidd

Can't you just see how much he loved it?! He warmed up though and ended up having a good time. There wasn't a ton of people there, mostly family, so I think that made things easier on him. :)

We played a few Minute to Win It games that involved blowing.

Then Ryan's favorite dessert- Apple Dumplings.
Love this picture of Gwen! Wish she didn't have her binky though. She was getting sick and then next day we found out she had hand, foot, and mouth disease. :(

He said he had no idea about the party so I guess it was a success since he was really surprised. At the very least I think everyone else had fun! More on his big birthday present later...




1 comment:

Melissa said...

That's nice you did a party for him.
We did a 'gangsta' party for Dru's 30th. It was awesome.
I love minute to winit games, they're so much fun.
All the food looks really yummy.
So young man, so young............