Thursday, August 26, 2010

From Firth, to Utah, to Boise, and back

We've had a really busy two weeks! It all started when my sister, Jocey, asked me to take the Firth High School drill team's team pictures. So I loaded up the boys and we headed down to Firth. We pulled into town right in the nick of time! 
It was a tough shoot but more on that later...

We came right in time for wheat harvest and of course Carson loved riding in the combines and tractors! Reese, on the other hand, wasn't too sure how he felt about it. It's such a pretty time of year!
After a few days in Firth, we met up with the Crandalls as they were passing through and we all headed down to Utah for Tucker's wedding. While we were staying with the Fazios, Carson busted his lip over by falling into a bookshelf. We would've taken him to get a stitch but then we would've missed the wedding so we decided to wait until after. By then, the swelling had gone down and it was looking fine. Not only that, Reese broke a pair of Suzy's prescription glasses so I doubt that we'll be invited back any time soon. :) 

On Sunday, we went and visited Grandma Ferny and Grandpa Jay. They were so cute! They had a little picnic table all set up for the boys with snacks and muffins and bubbles! 

It was so sweet of them! But then Grandma brought out the big guns...
She made these HUGE rootbeer floats for Ryan and me but then Reese wouldn't share so she brought out TWO more for each of the boys! They obviously enjoyed themselves! The only way I could get Reese to sit still for this picture was to give him more rootbeer.

Monday, we went to visit Grandma Leah Bodily. I'm so glad we did because that going to be the last time we'll see her in this life. She passed away yesterday morning. She was 93!
After visiting Great-Grandma, we went to the Hogle Zoo. I was so excited for the zoo, probably more so then the boys.  We spent all day there and saw everything there was to see. And I couldn't help but thinking that the zoo is kind of a weird concept. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad we have them and they're tons of fun but I must be getting older because it's kinda weird seeing these animals that are supposed to be scattered around the world in just one place in Salt Lake City, Utah. I don't know but we'll enjoy them anyway.
Reese's is making his elephant noise in the picture on the right. Really cute!
Look at how cute this little guy was! He was just sitting there... hanging out.
This was Ryan the previous life... a sloth. :) At least he's cute!
We went to the bird show too. They had some pretty incredible birds but we only got to see half the show because one of the hawks took off into a tree and they couldn't call it down so they had to end early to get the bird! Awesome! 
The birds were zooming right over our heads! Look at out close they were and this was zoomed out!

Of all the things to see and do at the zoo Carson wanted to ride the carousel and Reese wanted to ride the train.

Okay, well I need a break from blogging so here's as good a place to stop as any. Maybe I'll get some more up tonight or tomorrow. And I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats... :)

2 comments:

Becca Bingham said...

I love the wheat pictures! I love watching the fields how they transform and the farmers at work during harvest time!

Josh Healy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.