Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanks-tmas?

Talk about an awesome week! It was such an nice and relaxing vacation, we came home refreshed and renewed! It all started with my very first Girl's Trip with my great friend, Ashleigh. I had so much fun with her and I can't wait for our next adventure! I was hesitant to leave my boys at first because Reese was really sick. He pretty much had it all- vomiting, diarrhea, and an ear infection, probably a soar throat, and a cough to top it all off. He was really miserable but Ryan said he could handle it so I left it up to him! Carson came down with a little bug too but not nearly as bad as Reese but by the time I came home, they were on the uphill mend! I'm going to leave Ry with the kids the next time they get sick, that's the way to go! :) 
Ashleigh and I headed down to Boise because she needed to get an new glass eye. Maybe she'll blog her story later but in short, she had retinal blastoma when she was little and has had a fake eye since she was 18 months old. I got to tag along on the doctor appointments and I thought it was fascinating! If I were to  do school over again and choose a real career I would totally be a optometrist. This guy wasn't a real optometrist but it was still really cool to watch him work!
 So exciting!

I was pretty bummed when a few of my good friends had already taken off for their Thanksgiving breaks by the time we got to Boise but we did get to meet up with these lovely ladies and had a blast chatting at Chili's.

The roads got kind of scary on the way home but we had no problems and made it home safe. We had the traditional Thanksgiving dinner at the Crandalls and the Fazios and Grandma Spencer even made the trek to join us! 







There was so much snow we couldn't not go sledding. The boys had so much fun and I couldn't not take a million pictures of their cute smiling faces!








I'm so bummed that the snowflake got in the way. This would've been the best picture!


5 comments:

Ashleigh said...

Jenny! These pictures turned out so great! What an amazing photographer you are.You made me look beautiful! (thats no small task) You were right about the new one looking better than the old one, for sure. We still need an after picture. I think we should plan another girls trip really soon, I'm sure the hubbies would LOVE that! :)

Melissa said...

Looks like it was a fun week.
Glad you feel relaxed and the kids aren't sick anymore.

The Southwicks said...

I'm so jealous, wish I could have gone! Looks like you guys had a blast though!

Isaak and Jackie said...

looks like such a blast. Glad you enjoyed yourself and everyone is happy and healthy.

krystal said...

awesome crandall, it looked like a lot of fun. i'm glad you made it out to see friends in boise. that dinner setting was beautiful.