Thursday, November 11, 2010

Halloween

So I finally figured out what blogger's problem was... did you know it automatically puts all the pictures that you post on your blog into a Picasa Web Album? I didn't even know I had a Picasa Web Album but apparently it's full so I couldn't post any more pictures.

We had a great Halloween this year! It was especially nice because we just re-used the same costumes that I made last year. When I put them on the boys I was really surprised they still fit! Reese's was a little tight but it was still perfect. 
Ryan was Dumbledore
Carson was Draco Malfoy, I was Professor Trelawney, and Reese was the snitch.
Our ward didn't put on a Halloween party so the Primary presidency (I'm the second councilor) decided to put on a little party for the kids. It was fun! We had homemade soups with bread bowls, face painting

donuts on a string, the fishing game, pin the nose on the jack-o-lantern, and a cake walk.
 A lot of people came, there was hardly any room to move around but that's what made it fun! Afterward, all the kids went trick-or-treating around the complex. It was perfect for this age because they got plenty of candy and it was just enough walking around for their little legs. Carson kept saying "I love Halloween! It's the best ever! My bag is getting fuller and fuller!" Reese would go up to each door, knock with his cute little knuckles, and say "tik or teat" but every time he would try and go in the house and inevitability trip on the step. I can't wait until next year when Reese is a little older and can really understand and get as excited as Carson!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

That's awesome.
Everything looked like it worked out fantastic.

Ashleigh said...

Oh my gosh..you look exactly like her! Its uncanny really.... :) So cute!

Julie said...

Love th Trelawny outfit, but you were a smokin hot Dolores Umbridge too! And Ryan, you had better now be giving Alex a hard time about HIS costumes because that's a pretty great Dumbledore. The kids, of course, are adorable!

Kyle and Emily Stott said...

ahhh! they look soooooo cute! haha reese as the snitch is just awesome. i can't wait to see you guys! it's only like a week away!

Isaak and Jackie said...

looks like such a blast I wish we could have been there. I really loved your costumes, way to be so crafty and thrifty at the same time.