Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Harry Potter" Fans

It's funny how the holidays bring out the blogger in all of us!

We had a good time this Halloween. Dressing up as Harry Potter characters was a lot of fun! I figured I would practice my sewing skills on Halloween outfits since they'll only be worn once most likely and they don't have to be perfect. I think they turned out pretty good considering this was my first time making clothes. At first I was thinking that it wasn't worth it and I wouldn't make costumes again next year but they got some good use so maybe I will try again. Left to right: Draco Malfoy, Dumbledore (or as Carson calls him "Draco-dore"), Delores Umbridge (I think people were a little confused by me. This old man came up to me and said "you know, this wasn't formal attire." I think people thought I was dressing up like I was going to prom or something. Somene else thought I was Sara Pallin.), and last but not least, our very own Snitch!

The cutest little snitch you ever did see!

I remember last year Carson, only being 1 1/2, loved Halloween and loved trick-or-treating. Not this year! He wasn't interested in candy or costumes (not really a surprise there though) or knocking on the door. I guess in his defense he was still getting over H1N1. I don't know though. Maybe he's like his mama and doesn't like Halloween.

We went up to Cd'A and went to the Crandall's ward party. It was fun! It was in a barn so they had little booths set up with different activities, good food, and a bouncy house! Carson was one of the first ones in the bouncy house and he loved it until other people got in. He was still a little small. He kept getting thrown around so after the party and trick-or-treating, Grandpa took him back over to the barn and bounced around with him for awhile. It made his night!!! It was by far the funnest thing of the night for him!

The Fuquas

Don't they make the cutest Captin Hook and Peter Pan?!


Trick-or-Treating

I got a picture of the only door Carson knocked at

Reese was awesome!! He was super tired and of course freezing but he didn't wine at all! Just looked around with those big blue eyes and took everything in!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Man I love that captain hook wig. That would've been great with Masaru's outfit.
It looks like it was A LOT of fun. Man Masaru would've loved that bouncy castle.
I think it's funny people didn't know who you were. I think it's so obvious. Oh well.
Great job.

Terri said...

Great job on the costumes. Looks like you had a fun Halloween. The snitch was an adorable idea! Gavin was a pirate--sort of. Tricia spent a lot of time putting together his costume, but in the end it all came down to the sword. He pretty much ended up being a kid with a plastic sword. So, maybe we can say that he was a pirate disguised as a kid!

Missy! said...

You did SO good with the costumes, Jenny!! Everyone looks great.

Ashley said...

I didn't get a chance to talk to you at the ward party but just so you know, one look at you and I knew you were Delores Umbridge, but I am a Harry Potter geek too :)

tawna said...

awesome idea! I love it! And the snitch is brilliant.

Please dont mind if i happen to steal your idea for next year... :P

krystal said...

You guys look awesome Crandall. Well done with the costumes and we missed you at the Halloween party. I'm glad you guys had fun though.

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Reese's costume looks amazing!!! I love all of the costumes actually... how fun! Way to go with all of the sewing too. :)